16 Questions to Ask a Denver Personal Injury Attorney Before Hiring Him
When looking for a Denver personal injury attorney to take on your claim after a serious accident, focus on what distinguishes outstanding representation from fair to mediocre service.
When assessing a lawyer’s confidence, you are actually looking to ask questions that will reveal information about the expertise and specialization of the attorney and the supporting staff to handle your case. At the end of your consultation, you will hopefully have an understanding of the attorney’s confidence, commitment, and costs that can determine your comfort with him or her.
Assessing the Lawyer’s Confidence
First, during your initial consultation, you should ask the following pertinent questions to get a feel of how your case will be represented. When assessing a lawyer’s confidence, you are actually looking to ask questions that will reveal information about the expertise and specialization of the attorney and the supporting staff to handle your case. Some questions you should propose are:
- What kind of cases do you usually handle?
- Do you specialize in a specific area of law?
- What percentage of your practice is devoted to this area of law?
- How many cases similar to mine have you handled this year?
- What was the outcome and average settlement?
- Will a junior associate or other staff be involved in my case.
- What is their experience and how long have they been with the firm?
Determining the Lawyer’s Commitment
In addition to a lawyer’s technical skills as exhibited by the specialization of the attorney, you should also ask these questions to determine the lawyer’s commitment in exploring every avenue to bring your case to a fair, equitable, and timely settlement:
- What are your views on arbitration and mediation in resolving my case?
- How often are your cases settled by arbitration or mediation?
- How long does it normally take to settle a case like mine?
- Are you available after hours?
- What factors prompt you to take a case to trial?
Valuing the Lawyer’s Services
Lastly, the attorney can help you understand the fees and expenses associated with the representation so that there will be no misunderstandings later. Because you are asking about costs, be as direct as possible in asking:
- How much will it cost to represent me in this matter?
- Are there expenses, outside of your fee, which I will be responsible for?
- How do you bill your clients?
- Do you require a retainer fee?
Ask Your Questions to Denver Personal Injury Attorney D.J. Banovitz
If you are looking at hiring a Denver car accident, D.J. Banovitz is ready to answer all your questions so you can feel confident about your decision in hiring an attorney. If you would like to learn more about injury claims, order our free book: 7 Costly Mistakes that Can Ruin Your Colorado Injury Case. Call us at 303-300-5060 or fill out our online contact form for a free, no pressure, no-obligation consultation and get instilled confidence and compassionate answers to your questions.