Q: What type of insurance will cover my injuries after an Aurora bicycle accident if the driver fled the scene?

A devastating scenario that an injured bicyclist might face is a hit and run accident; however, you may be covered through uninsured motorist coverage or UIM. Not only can this provide compensation for those injured in a vehicle hit and run but those on bikes as well. To learn about your legal rights after a bicycle accident, it’s best to seek an Aurora injury lawyer who can determine if you have a claim worth to pursue.

Personal injury protection, also known as PIP, oftentimes covers accident injuries for bicyclists as well. There also may be an auto insurance policy that another member of your family has that will cover you.

With the possibility of severe or life-threatening injuries being suffered in an accident while you’re out riding your bike, you will want to know that the medical expenses and lost wages are taken care of. The best way to learn what options may be available is to consult with a lawyer who handles bicycle accident claims.

Consult with an Aurora Injury Lawyer When You’ve Been Injured

It helps to know ahead of time what types of coverage is available through your insurance policies. In any event, if you were injured because of someone else’s negligent actions you should seek legal counsel to review your case. A lawyer may be able to help sort through the details of your policy to help you better understand your coverage. They can also help you through the process of filing a claim.

One of the ways you can protect yourself is by downloading a copy of our free book, 7 Costly Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Colorado Injury Case. For immediate help, contact injury lawyer D.J. Banovitz, L.L.C. Our law firm serves residents in the greater Denver-Aurora Metro area, along with other locations throughout Colorado. Call today for a free initial consultation – 303-300-5060.