Q: Can I recover in a hit and run collision or if the other driver had no insurance?

A: Yes. There are many situations that you may recover under your own auto insurance. Uninsured motorist will cover you if you are run off the road by an unidentified driver or involved in a hit and run. In addition, if you are involved in a collision with a motorist who is uninsured you may recover as well. You can recover all of the damages you would be able to from the negligent driver. This includes pain and suffering, scarring and disfigurement, impairment, and past and future medical bills. If you have uninsured motorist make sure you have as much coverage as you can afford. I recommend at least $300,000. If you only have liability on your car or comprehensive with minimum limits – you are betting your health and future economic stability. Serious injuries can easily run into the six figures. Contact your insurance agent and increase your coverage to the maximum you can afford.