Being seriously injured in a car, bicycle, truck, or other accident can be financially devastating. From the medical diagnostics and treatment costs to lost wages and countless days spent away from work, an injury can deplete your bank account and rack up debt in a very short amount of time. If you or a loved one was injured in an accident in Denver and someone else was at fault, you should consider filing a personal injury claim. A Denver personal injury attorney will be your best advocate at this time.
A personal injury claim can not only help you recoup the money you already spent on medical bills, but it can also help keep you and your family afloat while you suffer the repercussions of your injury. If you’re considering filing a claim for your injury, it’s important to seek legal help. Consult with an experienced personal injury attorney to give your case the best chance at success and ensure you get the most compensation possible.
Compensation Available in a Personal Injury Claim
There are many items that a personal injury claim can compensate you for, including:
- medical bills, treatments or other costs you have incurred due to the injury;
- damage or property loss;
- pain and suffering (this can be emotional or physical);
- lost wages, due to time spent away from work because of the injury (this includes time spent at medical appointments);
- future treatments or medical costs (this usually requires a written report from your attending physician); and
- future lost wages or a loss of financial stability (if you are a financial provider for your family and have dependents).
It’s important to file your personal injury claim as soon as possible. Not only will this ensure your family’s financial future, but there is also a statute of limitations for how long you have to file a claim. In Colorado, the statute of limitations on personal injury claims is 2 years from the date of injury.
Contact a Denver Personal Injury Attorney
If you or a loved one was seriously injured due to someone else’s negligence, you should consider filing a personal injury claim to help keep you and your family financially afloat while you seek treatment. Call 303-300-5060 to discuss your case with a Denver personal injury attorney at the Law Office of D.J. Banovitz today.
For more information on personal injury claims, read our eBook: 7 Costly Mistakes that Can Ruin Your Colorado Injury Case.