If you have decided to file a claim against a negligent party for injuries you or a loved one sustained in an accident, the next step will be meeting with a Denver personal injury attorney for a consultation.
Here are six questions you should feel comfortable asking the attorney during your initial personal injury consultation:
- How many cases have you won and lost?
- What types (amount) of damages have been awarded in some of the cases you have won?
- How many years have you been practicing personal injury law?
- Will you be personally handling my case or will someone else?
- Do you only represent plaintiffs or do you also represent defendants?
- What are the legal fees and costs that I can expect?
The attorney should be able to answer all of your questions. If he or she can’t, an attempt should be made to find out the answer and get back to you.
Consulting with a Denver Personal Injury Lawyer
When you consult with a Denver personal injury lawyer, you should also feel comfortable with them. You can usually tell if they will be a good fit for your case.
Once you have decided to hire an attorney, make sure you have a clear understanding of their fees. However before you even take that step, download a copy of our free book, 7 Costly Mistakes that Can Ruin Your Colorado Injury Case. Then contact a personal injury lawyer at D.J. Banovitz, L.L.C.
We can help you learn more about your legal rights. Our law firm serves residents in the greater Denver-Aurora Metro area, along with other locations throughout Colorado. Call today for a free initial consultation – 303-300-5060.