We often utilize expert witness testimonies in personal injury claims and lawsuits to prove our clients’ cases. Field experts demonstrate the specifics in a case of which the jury may otherwise be unaware, such as a property management expert who can testify about codes for buildings, or a mental health expert who can testify regarding damage to the victim’s emotional health.
Types of Expert Witnesses in Arvada Injury Cases
The expert witnesses eligible to take part in personal injury claims must be able to assert their expertise in a comprehensive way. They may do so through evidence of practical work experience, education, board certification, and other types of credentials.
Some of the types of field experts that may serve as witnesses in personal injury claims include:
- social workers;
- police officers;
- forensics experts;
- doctors, surgeons, and other medical specialists;
- mental health professionals, counselors, and psychiatrists;
- mechanics and engineers, such as mechanical, automotive, equipment-specific, like elevator engineers;
- architects and construction professionals;
- accident reconstruction experts;
- roadway safety consultants;
- product developers;
- hotel and hospitality experts; and
- safety management consultants.
Our firm has an arsenal of field experts to help effectively prove our clients’ personal injury claims. When you work with us, we will select the field experts best suited for the particular type of accident in question.
We know, for example, that, “Juries often find it hard to evaluate expert testimony on complex scientific matters . . . and they tend to make decisions based on the expert’s demeanor, credentials and ability to present difficult information without condescension.”
Factors that Determine an Effective Expert Testimony
Claimants should not use just any expert; they must give careful consideration first. There are several factors that determine whether or not the field expert’s testimony would be beneficial for the claim:
- Applicability – First, it’s important to determine exactly what type of expert is needed to best prove a certain aspect of the case. For example, in a serious child injury-related car accident claim, a pediatric surgeon, child safety harness consultant, and/or an engineer are all possibilities. The legal professionals overseeing the case can help build the right team of field experts.
- Qualifications – The expert’s qualifications are crucial. This includes not only academic training, but also verifiable field experience. Experts with little to no working experience in his or her discipline can weaken the weight of his or her testimony.
- Witness Experience – Not only should an expert have field experience, but in many cases it’s beneficial to secure those with experience giving legal testimonies for injury claims.
You’ll want to discuss these factors with your attorney so you can secure the most beneficial field experts for your claim.
Consulting a Lawyer to Pursue a Personal Injury Claim
Field expert witness testimonies can make or break a case. They can provide written reports and testimonies for claims and at trial, which can prove instrumental in building a solid case.
For help with a personal injury case, contact injury attorney D.J. Banovitz. We understand the intricacies of personal injury law and have access to field experts who can help support our clients’ cases in and around Arvada. Contact D.J. Banovitz today for a free consultation at 303-300-5060.